Australian Business and Community Network
ABN 11 114 688 541
1. Your rights in relation to privacy
Australian Business and Community Network ABN 11 114 688 541 (ABCN) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. This policy sets out how ABCN aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by ABCN and the way ABCN collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, ABCN will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. This policy statement may be updated from time to time.
2. What kinds of personal information does ABCN collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its programs and services, ABCN may collect your personal information.
Generally, the kinds of personal information ABCN collects are:
- contact and identification information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth;
- for volunteers (including mentors), details of your working with children check, the name of the organisation you work for and your job title;
- for scholarship students, demographic information about your family, including whether you receive housing assistance;
- for scholarship students, the type of scholarship you wish to be considered for;
- where you are applying for a position with ABCN, information about your skills, qualifications and work history, as well as working with children check information where relevant to ABCN’s assessment of whether you are able to perform the inherent requirements of the particular role;
- sensitive information such as information about your racial or ethnic origin which will only be collected with your consent, and if the information is reasonably necessary for ABCN to provide its programs or services to you or your employer.
In some circumstances ABCN may also hold other personal information provided by you.
3. How does ABCN collect personal information?
2020欧洲杯APPGenerally, ABCN collects your personal information directly from you, through the completion of forms, an interaction or exchange in person or by way of telephone, email or post. There may be occasions when ABCN collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- your employer, where necessary for ABCN to provide its programs or services to your employer through you;
- organisations, schools or volunteers (including mentors) participating in ABCN programs;
- an information services provider;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites;
- if for recruitment purposes, an external recruitment or background screening services provider;
Generally, ABCN will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you or if you consent or it is otherwise required by law.
4. Why does ABCN need your personal information?
2020欧洲杯APPABCN collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- carrying out its mission of working collaboratively with businesses and educational institutions to improve the educational and career outcomes of disadvantaged Australian youth;
- notifying you, or the organisation you represent, of programs or services provided by ABCN that may be of interest to you or the organisation you represent;
- providing students with useful information in relation to program opportunities, skill development and other activities;
- providing volunteers (including mentors) with information in relation to ABCN’s program opportunities, skill development and other activities;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative practices;
- collecting statistics around how many mentors repeat each year;
- assessing your application for employment with ABCN or otherwise for the purpose of engaging you as a contractor or consultant;
- any other legal requirements, including but not limited to compliance with applicable child protection laws requiring ABCN to collect information relating to the eligibility of an employee, contractor or volunteer to work with children; and/or
- any other legal requirements.
ABCN may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect ABCN to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, ABCN takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to ABCN. However, without certain information from you, ABCN may not be able to provide its programs and/or services to you.
5. To whom does ABCN disclose your personal information?
2020欧洲杯APPABCN discloses your personal information for the purpose for which ABCN collects it. That is, generally, ABCN will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- participants of ABCN’s programs, including organisations and volunteers (including mentors);
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
- ABCN’s professional advisors, contractors and consultants;
- insurance providers;
- regulatory bodies;
- departments and organisations responsible for administering and regulating working with children checks.
2020欧洲杯APPABCN’s disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.ABCN may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
6. Overseas disclosure
7. Direct marketing
2020欧洲杯APPABCN may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of programs and services that may be of interest to you. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting ABCN via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
8. Security of your personal information
ABCN takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. ABCN holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises.
ABCN will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless ABCN is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
9. Can you access and correct the personal information that ABCN holds about you?
ABCN takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by ABCN. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that ABCN holds about you, or you would like more information on ABCN's approach to privacy, please contact ABCN’s Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 10 below. ABCN will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate.
To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will need to provide proof of identity to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- ABCN requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- ABCN may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to ABCN, for providing access in accordance with your request.
If ABCN refuses your request to access or correct your personal information, ABCN will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms. ABCN will also take steps reasonable in the circumstance to provide you with access in a manner that meets your needs and the needs of ABCN.
2020欧洲杯APPABCN will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request.
10. How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, please contact ABCN's Privacy Compliance Officer Gerry Meleady, Gerry.Meleady@bradleycare.com, Level 3, 141 York St, Sydney 2000 or +61 2 8988 6852.
11. Privacy complaints
2020欧洲杯APPPlease direct all privacy complaints to ABCN’s Privacy Compliance Officer. At all times, privacy complaints:
- will be treated seriously;
- will be dealt with promptly;
- will be dealt with in a confidential manner; and
- will not affect any existing arrangements between you and ABCN.
2020欧洲杯APPABCN’s Privacy Compliance Officer will commence an investigation into your complaint. You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation. In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.